Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My Deepa-Raya

So did I spend my Deepa-Raya as planned?
The answer is Yes.

First off, GYM was a definite affair. Friday! Saturday! And Monday! Each day with at least 1 ½ class. And when Wednesday came, I was already reluctant to step anywhere near Curve again. Even with the holidays, it was packed as usual. Had my first step at YOGA but it’s a love-hate feeling. Still thinking if I will ever make time to go for it. Still love Combat and Step though I hate the old tracks. Why cant instructors stick to the new tracks?

And you think I would have been fitter and slimmer with all the endless hours spent there? Don’t bet on it. Especially when you start to fill the growling tummy with sinful Shrimp Pasta from TGIF. Lunch with Baby Bunny and Mr W on Saturday after gym and it was a hilarious sight. Mr W had a point. We females sometimes talk about celebrities as if they are our best friends. Kekeke.. And as the both of them indulged in political debate, I cant help but to think how non-political I am. Shallow? Maybe!

Anyway, Monday came and after gym, Baby Bunny and I headed to the same place again. And come to think of it I am not a TGIF fan at all. CL joined us and I think we really need to buy 4D cos I think this is the first time I ever seen him in gym… Or maybe second? So another sinful meal of fiery calamaris, BBQ chicken served with mashed tomato and broccoli and lastly the double brownie topped with ice cream. Not forgetting my bottomless ice lemon tea. Slurrrpppppppp…. Of course, we all shared. But that dessert alone already killed my effort. What the heck?

So what else did I do apart from losing and adding calories?

I make a date with Talladega Nights and Rob B Hood. Awesome movies though I prefer the latter better. Its HILARRIOUS and comedies are definitely the best for one’s mind. Plus, I am already in my second season of Sex And The City and believe me, that’s a progress.

Even better, I finally finished reading “Everyone Worth Knowing” by Lauren Weisberger – the same author for Devil Wears Prada. I feel connected to the book especially since I had my share of PR experience for a good 3 years. But I certainly didn’t get paid to party all night long. We PR people are always so misunderstood.

And being a social butterfly, I had obligations to attend to. Met up with MY, GM, ST and KC at a coffee place drinking my new found Tazo Ice Shaken Tea (taste like lemonade but better) after a dinner which I was not sure why I was needed to attend.

Anyway, nothing beats sleeping till late. Not even a facial and spa massage / milk bath. And I’m so serious. Somehow I waited too long for the pampering, and when the time came, I was just not excited anymore. Plus, the facial was the most painful one I ever had. Why can’t I just be blessed with good skin and be spared the torture?

In a nutshell, I gym, ate, watch movies, read, sleep, pamper and social as planned. Now I need a break from my break.

2 comments:

*Dream Weaver* said...

Sounds like you had an eventful holiday :) The book "Everyone Worth Knowing" to me wasn't all that great and YES... PR is NOT like that... its not all partying at all... heck... I haven't even been to one miserable party yet! *sob sob*

Chili Padi Porky Queen said...

muahahaha.. i know wat u mean.. come to the Souled Out Halloween Party this sat.. its no prada or gucci but sure as fun. :P