Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Forward Thinking

Something Ted said yesterday has got me thinking... Where will I wanna be in the next 5-10 years? I know its quite typical of interviewers or bosses to ask you that question. And even more typical that I dont have a definite answer. Why? Too far to plan? Everything I plan seems to turn out otherwise? So let seee......

Climb up the corporate ladder? Well, if it means exchanging my soul and life for a better paycheck, nah......
Own my own business? First question would be what business? And whether its really what I wanna do.
Be a rich tai tai? Cant la.. too la la and boring. I cant imagine myself shopping, going gym, pedicure, facial and spa every day.


I may be good in planning when it comes to work but I seriously doubt when it comes to my life. I thought my UT would be somewhat a career change and an avenue to look into a different side of me. At this point of time, I think its only the additional income that is attracting me. I am not pushing myself hard enough to move to the next level. I am not reading enough to equip myself with knowledge. I am not talking to enough people to learn from them. My friends may be right to think that there is still a very far journey for me. I know I really need to start preparing a roadmap for my life, career, etc. And I know I should give it a thot or 2. I dont want to be 30 and not knowing where I am heading to and what I really wanna do.

Cos thats pretty sad....

No comments: