Thursday, September 28, 2006

Bitchy Mood

What will be your first reaction when you come home to find your only parking space being taken by a stranger? Bad enough if your neighbour eats into your tiny little space all the time. But this Waja does not seem to be a regular around.

I can be quite a bitch especially when I come home, exhausted and can’t find a nice spot right in front of my house. Okies. Maybe the car is a visitor. But after much waiting, I grew impatient. I needed my beauty sleep. So, after some bell ringing searching for the owner and many negative answers, I decided to leave a note on the windshield of the Waja – informing the person never to occupy my little space again. Seriously, how else can you deal with such situation? I can totally understand if there is a function but if you are a visitor, can you at least park near the person you are visiting so it’s easier for the house owner to find you.

At the stroke of midnight, we heard the car ignition being switched on. Hmmm… looks like I was not the only one who was being unreasonable. My neighbour’s car parked so near the Waja (and of course mine on the other end) that he was literally trapped in between. Talk about difficulty in moving out your car. And because he was very apologetic about the whole thing, I did feel a bit of guilt leaving him the sarcasm note. Too late.

Most of us have issues with our neighbours snapping our parking space, sweeping leaves to our home or perhaps renovating the house at some god-forsaken hours. So we were told to live in harmony and deal with the situation in a civilized manner. But, how do you even start asking them without coming across as offensive? Cos I don’t wan to start making enemies here.

Oh wells…. maybe we can start saving rotten eggs now.

No comments: