Monday, August 21, 2006

D' art of selling water

Got up really early at 6.45am on a Sunday morning and yawnnn.... you never imagine wat a zombie I was. Cos I promised to do my bit for charity by selling mineral water at a food and fun fair to raise funds for Vision Home and Rumah Wawasan which are situated in Ipoh and Sitiawan respectively. The 2 establishments are registered welfare homes set up to provide shelter, food, education and training in various basic skills to children from hardcore poor families as well as those that are abandoned, abused and orphaned.

The food coupons booklet to be given to the orphans (thanks to all who donated). The kids have a great time. No pics of the kids here. Sorry.. have to protect their identity.

The 2 jokers who wake up that early to do our bit for charity

Some illegal home made muffins which we also sold

Even the vegetable seller is here k
It's not as easy k especially since we have a "competitor" selling cold orange juice. But we finished selling the mineral water.. or at least Warren did. I had to dash for another event where I was pimped to be an emcee at no charge. Why do I always get myself into all these??

Tip: In order to sell more mineral water, we just have to ignore the customers. They will come to you when they are thirsty. Trust me.

Anyway, it was great fun. At least I am contributing back to the community - in kind and in time. :D

No comments: