Thursday, August 24, 2006

China Trip: Day 3


So early morning, we headed to Lingshan Giant Buddha, a bronze Buddha with a height of 88 meter at the slope of Lingshan. I was already sweating buckets here and my legs seem to feel like its tearing itself apart.


That was not all. We were later brought to a Pearl factory whereby we were shown how to differentiate real and fake pearls. Here is how. Just scratch your pearl on a mirror. If you see white powder on the surface of the mirror, you got the right stuff. I always wanted a set of pearl earrings. Now I have 2 pairs. :D


Soon later, we left WuXi and departed for Shanghai known as the Paris of the East. I will call it the shopping heaven. So as soon as we reached Shanghai, I ditched the tour and looked up for my ex-colleague, El, who was so kind enough to let me put up a night in her lovely apartment. My first challenge was to get to her place. And in Shanghai, you must always remember to give them 2 crossroads names or it will be hell walking from one end of the road to the other.

So El brought me to NanJing Road for some shopping and we went to Barbarossa Club Restaurant for a drink before we head to Xintiandi for dinner. Barbarossa is a really nice club to hangout and I so wish they have a place like that back here in KL. So for dinner, we went to a Taiwanese restaurant, Bellagro, whereby we had Century Egg Tofu, Beans Fried with Duck Egg, Shrimp With Pineapple and Szechuan Pork. Man, I shouldn’t have touch all the food cos of Mr H. But what the heck!!!! And I had the best Mango pudding ice cream for dessert. Burppp…

And at night, I joined my cousin and friends in the latest club, Win Win. Not a bad place but I was very underdressed for a place like that. Well, I am a tourist!!!


The journey to continue tomorrow.

No comments: