Thursday, August 24, 2006

China Trip: Day 4

The morning started with some early visits to the shopping places. First stop: Yu Yuan Garden which is made up on antique shops and various small food stores.

Well, since I could not really get anything from there, we headed to Qi Pu Lu. A definitely must go for all tourists. And remember to bargain 2/3 of the price cos I managed to bargain for a dress which originally cost 480 yuan (RM240) to 100 yuan (RM50). And do play hard to get cos they will definitely call you back if they are desperate.

After some initial shopping, El and I headed to Crystal Jade Restaurant at Xintiandi for some must-have dim sum. Yes that means eating egg tarts, siu long pao, char siew pau, real carrot cake and peanut soup noodles. All of them were awesome and I really wanna take another bite but my tummy just seems to decline. Shucks.

After more shopping in Qi Pu Lu, I headed back to El’s place to bid goodbye to her and joined my cousin at Three On The Bund for some fine dining with his friends. Three on the Bund is a celebration of contemporary fine living where art, culture, food, fashion and music converge to inspire a richer life. Good things come in three. Here, you can get a view of Shanghai.

Unfortunately, good things have to come to an end. I have to rejoin the company tour as we are departing back to KL the next day.

No comments: