Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Greatest Person on Earth

May is the month to celebrate Mother's Day. But then again, you dont actually need a specific day and month to shower your mom with love and gifts. But, I guess it is just a day for you to be extra caring and extra loving. That's all. As cheesy as it may sound, Im gonna say it anyway. My mom is the greatest person on earth. She gone through hell to get us where we are. Her sacrifice is not what we can return in a bottle of perfume or in a box of chocolates. Her love for us fetch a value that no one can put a price tag.

Coming from a not so perfect family has somehow affected my childhood. I wouldn't said it had not. What do you when you parents argue? What do you do when one walk out of the house? What do you do when one drowns their sorrows? Just sit there and cry and wish that this is all a dream and all these are not happening to us. But sadly, once we open our eyes, it's still the same. Nothing has changed. Maybe that's why I know how to think when I was young. I cant stop the argument, I cant stop her from feeling sad but I can get good grades so she will not be dissapointed. And thats why I did, or at least try to be a good girl without her worrying about me. That's the least I could do.

As time flies, as I grow older, I cherish what my mom has done until now. Everyday, I remind myself of how lucky I am to have her. And what surprises me most was the gal chat we had when I was at my worst early this year. I never saw that coming but I really appreciate it mom. You lifted my spirit and pushed me to be a better person. Yes, I may have been a bad daughter at times. Guilt haunts me! I try and change. I should try harder. She does not deserve the treatment from her ungrateful daughters. She deserved to have more. She needs more pampering. More holiday. More time with us. More love from us.

Hopefully, this entry will remind me even further to love my mom even more as each day passes.

Happy Mother's Day

No comments: