Monday, January 08, 2007

Day Three In Hanoi

It's the sightseeing day. No tour guide this time. We were being adventurous. So we hired 3 cyclos to bring us around. The smoke from the bikes, the crazy traffic and the spit were all part of the trip. Seating the cyclo was not as bad if you compared to the Thailand's Tuk Tuk. This former seems safer. So first stop was the Ho Chi Minh Maosuleum which was closing at 11.30am. And we were really late cos How and Cat overslept. :P
The guards are really strict there. No cameras and phones are allowed in there. But the scanner failed to detect them in my bag. Muahahaha... And I proceed to queue up without depositing my items in the area located. Unfortunately for me, my bags were checked at the entrance. I was out of the queue again. ML thot I was detained by the guards. Muahahaha... Y and I had to deposit our items at the located area. Queueing for the 2nd time, I realised again I had another phone in my bag. SHUCKS... i just prayed they dont checked my bad this time. BUT they did. Fortunately, they didnt see the phone. Haha.. stupid.... And all the effort and queueing to see HCM's body.
Next stop, we visited Quan Tanh Temple and One Pillar Pagoda.
And we headed to lunch at the roadside again. Trust me... the food at the roadside are really yummy. Pick the one opposite Temple of Literature. The first corner shop from the main road.
With a full tummy, we went to Temple of Literature.
Last stop was Hanoi Prison but we reached too late. They were close.

And dinner at another restaurant called Align Cafe on New Year's Eve. I was having a terrible headache. 2 Paracetamol immediately solved my problem. And another place where demand exceeds supply. Everything also "FINISH FINISH". We had to settle for second best.
A tour to find the Apolaypse Club for the New Year countdown was not fruitful. So off to Bao Ganh (something like Bangsar) and found Funky Monkey but the music was too loud for some of us. So decided to find Minh Jazz Club. After much attempts and wrong turnings, we found the place 15 minutes before midnight.. which is also their closing time. ON A NEW YEAR EVE. Finally we ended up in The BALCONY. It was empty and the place reminds me of a spaceship as it is "wrapped" up in aluminium foil all over. Muahahahaha.... And when New Year came (Malaysia time), dimples called to wish me. Was missing him badly. I did had a great time spending New Year in another country and with my friends and sister but I secretly wish dimples was there too. Oh wells... cant have everything I guess.

No comments: